Bell & Associates
Hybrid Accounting Manager
To be fully engaged in providing Stewardship, Customer Experience, and Quality by leading an Accounting team. This position has primary responsibility for overseeing and ensuring the accuracy of the accounting for 4 health plans entities worth $1 Billion in annual assets and liabilities. Manage multiple enterprise projects affecting the financial statements, Joint Venture and financial restructuring across multiple business units. Manage the proper presentation of the financial statement and integration into the corporate parent’s statements. Manage subject matter experts in accounting and integrate with actuarial and other key resources to ensure proper recording of key estimates.
- Actively develop, recruit, and train a highly effective team. Build highly engaged with the knowledge, skills, and experience to achieve results and foster retention.
- Communicate and clarify expectations, timeframes, and deliverables.
- Provide leadership that fosters development and growth of team and promote collaborative efforts between operational, clinical, and corporate departments.
- Complete performance appraisals, providing effective guidance and counseling. Provide timely feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge and develop skill areas.
- Develops and fosters employee engagement that promotes performance and team.
- Manage the development, maintenance, and reconciliation of financial statements that roll up to the Corporate financial packages.
- Accurately reflect financial statements in compliance with GAAP and Florida Statutes.
- Remain current on all financial regulations and standards. Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, standards and directives from regulatory agencies and TPA’s.
- Responsible for the oversight and review of all applicable balance sheet account reconciliations with a combined absolute value of over $555 million.
- Reconcile key estimates and agreements to the general ledger.
- Finance Federal and state responsible party for researching and communicating key tax, fee, and reporting related requirements and information between Operations and Corporate Finance.
- This position requires IT system and financial understanding and how to accurately present subledger data from multiple IT systems that feeds to the general ledger.
- Maintains effective internal controls over Accounting and Financial reporting.
- Direct the development, maintenance, and reconciliation of TPA and Florida Hospital customer client information needs, assistance with claims, and unique reporting specification requests for past, present, and future timeframes.
- Lead the accounting responsibility for TPA’s implementing client needs directly aligned with internal controls, Policy & Procedures (P&P’s), and SOC-1 requirements.
- This position is responsible for the Treasury component required by TPA client contracts equating annually to over $325 Million, 100,000 checks.
- Responsible for close deadline and milestones.
- Identify areas for efficiency improvements and provide Leadership with recommendations.
- Leads in the Re-Insurance RFP process, including a risk analysis, pricing, contractual negotiations, Aggregate Retention refund ($2.1 Million), and necessary reimbursement filings once under contract. This position also plans and manages the proper application of transplant network contracts ($10 Million).
- Direct the enterprise accounting for ongoing, weekly funding for customer client TPA’s with premium equivalents annually of $550 Million, 275,000 checks ensuring positive cash flow, segregation of escrow balances, balance to the bank reconciliations, aging of accounts receivable, and the 1099’s are accurate. Manage the weekly reconciliation for Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT) and paper checks ensuring providers and member refunds are paid timely, accurately, and support the state of Florida escheat process for unclaimed funds.
- Manage the preparation and publishing of timely month end close financial statements that roll up into the Corporate Board package after Senior Leadership review.
- Direct and review financial statement account reconciliations that support audit requirements, internal budgeting needs, fiscal year, calendar year, line of business, and market segmentation.
- Manage quantitative financial data analytics to advise the Leadership on effective strategies
- Manage cross functional complex implementation and financial initiatives.
- Directly responsible for properly accounting and reporting on the not for profit (Medicare) and for profit (Commercial, Individual, and TPA) accounting of 150,000+ Covered Lives member revenue, medical expenses, selling, general, & administrative (SG&A) expenses, and the Medical Loss Ratio (MLR%) by multiple lines of business, business units, and TPA customer clients.
- Directly approve 1099’s annually sent out to providers and vendors for multiple lines of business and business units.
- Directly approve 1095B’s annually sent out to members for multiple lines of business and business units.
- Direct the completion of schedules and finance support for the Medicare Bid, Commercial Groups and Individual lines of business rate filings, Re-Insurance coverage reimbursements, Project Management Office (PMO), and medical expenses paid through AMISYS capitation modules.
- B.S. in business administration, finance, accounting, or related field, from an accredited college or university required. MBA or CPA desired.
- Minimum of five years’ direct experience in accounting leadership role.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a Health Plan required.
- Knowledge of Commercial, Individual Marketplace, Medicare and TPA rules and coverage required.
- Possess wide variety of skills and knowledge of GAAP, SOC-1, Florida Statutes/STAT.
- Overall understanding of financial systems used, including the incoming and outgoing EDI transmissions of data, the posting of financial data between multiple computer systems, and the configuration tables within the computer systems.
- Experience with implementing new strategies and management and training of representatives in a changing, growth-oriented environment.
- Prior experience and knowledge in the use of Peoplesoft preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (SQL, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Time management and priority setting skills
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess strong computer abilities and communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to relate well with all customers and peers.
- Ability to prioritize and organize to maximize quality, value, and service.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.