Bell & Associates
$90 – 105k plus 25% bonus
Kansas City, MO – Crossroads district – in-office role
Bell & Associates, Inc. has been engaged to recruit our client’s next Assistant Controller. The Assistant Controller will work to prepare timely and accurate financial statements and analyses of operations that assist leadership in making educated economic decisions. The candidate will be expected to deliver high quality, accurate results, while efficiently maintaining and enhancing existing organizational systems and standards.
- Coordinate the overall month-end close process, including the monthly financial statement preparation
- Prepare and analyze general ledger entries and conduct monthly account reconciliations to ensure accuracy and correct any errors
- Ensure proper construction job cost reporting, revenue recognition, and WIP analysis
- Utilize industry-specific software to produce timely and accurate reporting of key operational and financial metrics
- Conduct complex financial and/or business analysis
- Document and maintain accounting policies and internal controls documentation
- Support the improvement of processes across the accounting function
- Research accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and/or IRS requirements
- Provide support and/or supervision to the accounting department
- Assist the Director of Finance and Shared Services with special projects, integration of acquisitions and ad-hoc reports
Minimum Requirements, Abilities And Expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 3-4 years public accounting experience in auditing
- CPA certification preferred
- Construction accounting experience preferred
- Ability to develop financial statements and related reports
- Advanced Excel skills
- Exceptional time management and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability; ability to multi-task
- Professional manner and strong ethical code
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.