Automation Technician – 2nd Shift
Bell & Associates
JOB TITLE: Automation Technician DATE: 6/2023
REPORTS TO: Automation Supervisor STATUS: Non-Exempt
CORE VALUE COMMITMENT:
All employees will demonstrate our culture of commitment to quality, respect for fellow employees and business partners, and responsibility to the environment and our community.
Responsible for the maintenance and technical support of automated and semi-automated manufacturing solutions for a high-volume poultry production facility. Troubleshoots equipment, repairs and maintains electrical controls, and identifies risk areas likely to cause equipment break-down. Performs preventive maintence and trains other technicians and operators on products, processes and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Troubleshoot control issues using PLC programming software such as but not limited to Studio5000, RSlogix 500, Productivity3000, etc.
- Troubleshoot control network communication issues.
- Familiar with basic networking and networking terminology.
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems and components and return to serviceability.
- Repair and maintain electrical controls on processing equipment and facility.
- Be able to proficiently use a multi meter and troubleshot analog devices.
- Identify risk areas likely to cause equipment break-downs, participate in projects improving equipment reliability, process improvement, lean manufacturing, and RCA.
- Download programs in the event of program loss or PLC replacement.
- Maintain software, documentation and equipment to the latest revision or operational specifications.
- Train technicians and operators on products, processes, and equipment.
- Organizes documentation, such as specifications schematics, and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of PLC’s and PLC programing.
- Knowledge of automated manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of safety procedures.
- Ability to safely work around 480V equipment.
- Skill in troubleshooting and replacing VFDs.
- Skill in reading, analyzing, and conveying specifications schematics and mechanical diagrams.
- Skill in using a computer and a variety of software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Skill in communicating in a professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Skill in managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to be a good representative of the Company and always display the highest levels of ethical behavior and integrity.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma required.
- Degree in mechatronics or similar field of study plus 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment – recommended but not required.
- In lieu of formal college degree 5 years of PLC programing, and controls experience will be considered.
- Relevant technical certifications – Rockwell, Fanuc, Inductive Automation, etc.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.