Bell & Associates
Houston, TX – Jersey Village area in NW Houston
Bell & Associates, Inc. has been engaged to recruit our client’s next Buyer. This role is responsible for administration of commodity cost reduction programs, sourcing of high-quality materials or services, administration of quotations and purchase order placement, all while improving supplier relations, and providing support to departmental and organizational objectives. Duties will cover global supplier sourcing, negotiating supplier agreements, inventory analysis & reporting and regulatory quality adherence.
- Global Sourcing: Develops new sources of supply for selected commodities, materials, parts, and services in order to continually improve the company’s profitability through decreasing cost and improving on-hand inventory value. Sourcing solutions will include a thorough analysis of cost, lead time, taxes, duties, freight, carrying costs, etc.
- Supplier Agreements: Negotiates long-term purchase agreements and blanket purchase orders with suppliers to ensure consistent supply of parts and materials at a competitive price. Reviews supplier performance monthly to ensure pricing, inventory levels, and other factors of the agreement are being upheld. Works to maintain and improve supplier relations.
- Strategic Planning: Assists in the development of short- and long-range procurement strategies that ensure the quality, cost, and delivery objectives of the company are successfully met.
- Inventory Analysis: Analyzes inventory, safety stock levels, and component usage reports. Recommends changes in inventory safety stock levels to meet inventory reduction goals while avoiding stock-outs.
- Purchasing Process Analysis: Analyzes purchasing process from order trigger to receipt of product. Suggests process changes to eliminate waste and to improve through-put and efficiency.
- Commodity Assignments: Manages the procurement process for assigned commodity responsibilities.
- Quality: Adheres to regulatory procedures and requirements of the client and the Supply Chain Management group.
- Meetings: Attends daily focus-factory production meetings to report on part issues. Receives information regarding future production plans and parts requirements. Participates in cross-functional project teams as a representative of the Supply Chain team.
- Non-Conforming Material: Discusses defective or unacceptable goods with suppliers and makes required disposition.
- Physical Inventory: Assists in the execution of our cycle count program and our end of year physical inventory audit.
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Director of Supply Chain Management.
- Maintains cooperative working relationship with company employees.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least three (3) years of purchasing and inventory control experience in a manufacturing environment.
This role is located in Houston. Only local candidates can be considered or those willing to relocate themselves into the area. No sponsorships available.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.