Bell & Associates
$110-130k plus bonus
The Controller will manage accounting operations and direct all day to day accounting activities and processes.
- Manage all accounting functions in support of month end close requirements, including corporate and internal executive reporting
- Prepare monthly journal entries and review those prepared by others. Interact with other operating departments to validate supporting detail.
- Prepare, review, and approve balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Establish, document, and account for General Reserves related to inventory, insurance, vacation accrual, and other reserves as circumstances require.
- Work closely with Inventory Cost Analyst to ensure proper accounting treatment and valuation of inventories.
- Receive, update, balance, and publish TCM files as required by corporate office.
- Prepare internal and external financial reports to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements, including payroll, excise, and property tax filings.
- Develop and publish management reports, financial analysis, and ad-hoc reporting, including weekly sales, cash collections, and weekly production reports.
- Randomly audit workflows to assure accounting transactions are appropriately authorized
- Manage accounting department personnel including coaching, cross training, development, and disciplining employees.
- Assist in the development of monthly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Manage account receivables, ensuring accurate and timely invoicing, as well as overseeing collection efforts to minimize past due customer balances.
- Provide credit recommendations for new and existing customers.
- Reconcile cash activities in multiple bank accounts
- Ensure proper compliance and retention of Resale Tax Exempt certificates
- Maintain Progress Billings and related schedules.
- Maintain pattern storage program
- Supervise processing of accounts payable transactions, ensuring proper application of three way match, document retention and applying all discounts allowed.
- Communicate necessary procedural changes to subordinate staff, including changes in GL coding, month end timing & accrual issues, and various analysis requirements as needed.
- Manage Ceridian workflows and initiate change orders as required.
- Supervise accurate and timely processing of weekly & bi-weekly payroll events.
- Account for all capital expenditures and dispositions, verify proper signatures and documentation are provided and well supported.
- Maintain Depreciation schedule of assets.
- File Vehicle licensing renewals
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in managing accounting operations and financial closing processes.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to interpret financial statements and variances.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to create a Safe Work Environment and Culture.
- Ability to manage and motivate others.
- Strong Attention to detail, highly organized and ability to handle tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.