Bell & Associates
$110-130k plus 10% bonus
Overland Park, KS – Hybrid schedule
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Controller. Our client is a leading global provider of essential minerals focused on safely delivering where and when it matters to help solve nature’s challenges for customers and communities. The Controller is responsible for establishing and managing all aspects of the financial controls and operational reporting for the development and subsequent operations of the Company’s new business. This role will be part of a growing operations team and be responsible for helping establish the accounting, financial reporting and controls environment during the initial construction phase and transition to manufacturing operations including providing financial guidance and support to the plant operations and Fire-Retardant leadership team. This position will be responsible for managing and executing all aspects of accounting and operational reporting including maintaining the general ledger, preparation of month-end journal entries and adjustments, issuance of monthly financial cost statements and supplemental reporting, adherence to company policies and SOX controls and support of broader corporate external reporting requirements, Annual Operating Plan, Strategic Plan and forecasts.
- Manage month-end close and financial reporting including preparation of monthly and quarterly financial cost statements and related reporting and comply with all internal and external audit requests
- Maintain strong control environment ensuring compliance with all SOX internal and external reporting requirements
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial policies and procedures in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Corporate policies and procedures and related authoritative guidance.
- Manage and oversee capital spending process and capitalization of fixed assets; work with project managers to ensure appropriate capitalization and componentization of purchased and constructed assets
- Serve as an effective business partner and provide financial guidance and support to the leadership team throughout all aspects of the business, from planning to inventory management, fulfillment and transaction processing
- Collaborate cross functionally to support all tax, compliance and regulatory reporting and requests
- Assist with the integration of business onto the company’s IT platform including establishment of the bill of materials and product standard costs, ensuring proper inventory and fixed asset controls including obsolescence reviews and physical observations
- Lead the collaborative process of forecasting and budgeting that incorporates and considers key drivers, contract terms and business strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 5-7 years of experience required including previous experience in GAAP reporting and SOX compliance
- Experience in manufacturing/production environment preferred
- CPA and/or CMA preferred
- Strong knowledge of job costing principles and project accounting practices
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal relationship-building skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical, organization, planning and project management skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and the ability to motivate and inspire a team
- Advanced level proficiency with Excel and accounting and financial reporting related software; experience with JD Edwards and One Stream a plus
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.