Bell & Associates
$130-150k plus 20% bonus & LTI
Overland Park, KS
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Controller. Our client is a growing company recently acquired by a large private equity firm. The Controller will be an integral part of the Finance organization, helping to develop the financial infrastructure necessary for scalable growth. This person will have the opportunity to interface directly with senior business leaders by providing financial statement ownership and reporting in support of explosive growth and critical strategic decisions. This position is a ground level position managing the transition to bring out-sourced accounting functions in-house. This role will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Partner with the Chief Financial Officer on all accounting matters. Own the management of the monthly financial statements and accompanying reports.
- Develop, implement, and maintain financials controls and guidelines for the organization.
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Manage all billing, receivables, and treasury functions for the company.
- Work with the Purchasing team to identify best in class purchase-to-payment process.
- In conjunction with the CFO, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Oversee and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
- Develop and lead all reporting for the organization regarding tax, audit, and compliance matters.
- Manage/assist likely software integrations as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA certification and Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of professional experience in accounting and/or previous controller experience.
- Experience building and/or leading a team.
- Excellent analytical, project management, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to interact and influence effectively with all levels of the organization, and drive alignment on financial targets.
- Demonstrated proficiency at Excel and Netsuite
- Likely requirement to work primarily in office environment in Overland Park KS.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.