Director of Accounting
Bell & Associates
The Director of Accounting assists and oversees the entire accounting and month-end close process with a focus on reporting compliance, accuracy of month-end financials, and maintaining effective communication with both internal & external clients. It is expected that the Director of Accounting will be able to proactively identify issues and seek solutions that deliver long-term benefits.
- Core knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and adherence to those.
- Responsible for accurate and timely month-end closing processes including variance explanations on the balance sheet & income statement.
- Prepare, publish timely, and communication of monthly financial statements.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Preparation and/or review of monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Maintain responsibility for team management and development including training, coaching, and providing feedback on performance.
- An understanding of cost accounting and the ability to track cost through the life cycle of a product. Being able to apply those costs against work in process.
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience including management of employees
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Candidates with Manufacturing and/or Agriculture background will be given priority
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.