Director of Human Resources
Bell & Associates
$140-170k plus strong management bonus, benefits, and perks
Kansas City, MO – near airport, in-office role
Bell & Associates has been engaged to find our client’s next Director of Human Resources. Shape HR strategy in alignment with the company’s business strategies in the areas of organizational excellence, talent acquisition, talent management, total rewards, HR operations and employee relations, with oversight on organizational development, training, and compliance. Will serve as a strategic partner, thought leader, and trusted advisor to the CEO, COO, CFO, and leadership team. S/he will also need to be a trusted and respected partner for all employees and have a visible presence throughout the organization. This position will be based at the company’s Kansas City, Missouri headquarters, occasional travel will be required.
Talent Acquisition and Talent Management:
- Oversee a comprehensive, strategic talent acquisition and retention plan that maximizes the talent for today and in the future. Strategize with team leaders to develop cost effective staffing strategies that cultivate effective internal and external sources that recruit top quality, diverse talent and attracts the industry’s best and brightest candidates.
- Strengthen the candidate experience from interview through onboarding to ensure alignment with the company culture, minimize regrettable turnover, and enhance the brand.
- Lead the development and implementation of talent management initiatives to further the potential of talent. Collaborate with senior leadership to design and implement succession planning for mission critical roles, high potential individuals, key technical talent, and emerging leaders.
- Understand and respond to long term talent needs by providing solutions and long- range planning to bridge any future talent gaps.
- Develop and manage a performance management process, including coaching and mentoring, that positively impacts employee engagement through consistent and timely feedback channels.
- Manages compensation, benefits, and retirement plans.
- Advise leadership on issues of pay consistency and equity during review cycles. Support salary planning and compensation administration; provide guidance to leaders and managers regarding compensation practices; and provide oversight of salary alignment and consistency.
- Continually assess the competitiveness of our programs and total rewards plans against our industry peers and competitors. Provide recommendations, as appropriate, to bridge any gaps in plan offerings.
- Interact with the Executive Team, with respect to human resources, development, and compensation practices.
Compliance and HR Operations:
- Develop policies and procedures that align with the business goals and perpetuate continuous improvement within the HR organization and beyond.
- Responsible for internal control and risk factors related to HR policies and practices.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements; provide guidance on employee relations issues; and advise leadership on needed actions.
- Manage the development, revision, and implementation of new policies in compliance with all legal requirements as needed.
- Maintain consistency in HR programs and initiatives across multiple locations.
- Oversee the management of the human resource information systems database and the necessary reports for critical analyses and data of the HR function as well as the people resources of the company.
- One of the Key internal Culture champions
- Oversee social media culture/brand strategy.
- Help the company be active in the local community by identifying opportunities for service and organizing participation of appropriate staff.
- Event Coordination: Responsible for all internal events to include, Summer Picnic, Santa visit, Christmas Party, Bring your Child to Work and monthly Perfect Portion Celebration.
- Identify opportunities for the company to be active in the local community for service and organizing participation of appropriate staff.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and gain consensus at all levels within our organization.
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships and partner with internal stakeholders to develop strategies and execute with excellence.
- Self-starter with strong management and leadership skills. Significant business acumen.
- Skilled in leading the selection, acquisition, launch, and integration of HR platforms to guide operational and strategic initiatives.
- Flexible, willing to travel, and engage with our employees at our various locations.
- An excellent communicator. Strong presentation, listening, and speaking skills.
Education and Experience
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university; MBA or MA/MS in human resources or related field preferred.
- A seasoned HR executive with a minimum of 15+ years of progressive human resources experience in a field related to capital equipment sales, service, and support businesses and of similar scale. S/he will have led the corporate human resources function or have equivalent management experience.
- Fluency and breadth of experience across a variety of HR disciplines.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification preferred.
- Current valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Valid U.S. passport or can obtain one.
- Must have the ability to travel within North America and Germany occasionally.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.