Director of Marketing & Promotions
Bell & Associates
Director of Marketing & Promotions
$80-95k plus great benefits and flexibility
- Develops and oversees the tactical and strategic planning and execution of all marketing and promotional/communication efforts including marketing, public relations, media relations, publications, digital marketing channels, social media, website, and communications.
- Develops and implements strategies to increase public understanding of, and support for, the university and its programs and goals. This position requires a skilled communicator able to work with the public and media.
- Builds, leads, and manages a team of communicators responsible for advertising, internal communications, brand standards, publications, graphic identity, photography, videography, digital marketing, and social media.
- Assists with campus-wide oversight, management, and support in crisis situations and serves on the university’s Emergency Operations Center.
- Coordinates with staff members in Integrated Marketing Communications on daily basis to ensure timely and high-quality marketing and promotions/communication products.
- Serves as lead liaison between Integrated Marketing Communications and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Serves as primary contact and coordinator with major traditional media buyers/agencies.
- Serves as lead writer as needed on high-impact pieces. Must be able to coach and teach advanced writing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in the following fields of study: Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field required.
- Master’s degree in the following fields of study: Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field preferred.
- Word-Processing, Spreadsheet, Presentation, Desktop Publishing, Web Page Maintenance
- 5+ years of experience working in communications, public relations, or marketing required.
- 3+ years supervisory experience required.
- 3+ years of writing experience.
- Progressive project management experience required.
- Strategic planning experience involving social media, publication, and web-based projects preferred.
- Promotional event organizational experience required.
- Crisis communications experience preferred.
- Attention to detail, Budget-related skills, Knowledge of a University environment preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines and maintain confidentiality.
- Communication skills, including oral, written, and/or nonverbal. Excellent command of English language, grammar, spelling and AP style usage. Ability to communicate using a variety of writing styles to a range of audiences.
- Human Relations/Interpersonal skills. Must be able to interact with the public in a way that creates a favorable impression. Ability to understand, personally interact with and work with a wide variety of people.
- Leadership skills, including organization, meeting facilitation, and/or project leadership. Ability to work with, motivate and lead a creative team of communication professionals.
- Understanding of higher education administration.
- Understanding of print, electronic, and digital media.
- Understanding of PR principles and practices.
- Understanding of the political implications of words and actions, knowledge of protocol and social expectations.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.