Employee Relations Manager
Bell & Associates
Employee Relations Manager
Kansas City, MO
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Employee Relations Manager. This position will serve as a key member of the Human Resources leadership team and will play a vital role in fostering a positive and productive work environment, ensuring compliance with labor laws and regulations, and promoting employee engagement and satisfaction.
- All essential functions, duties, and other responsibilities will be performed following safety guidelines/practices and be in support of the Company’s Mission, Values and Purpose.
- This position may involve knowledge of confidential information. Such information will be handled with the utmost discretion.
- Assess, develop, and deploy programs and initiatives to enhance employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, and retention. Identify opportunities to promote a positive company culture and improve employee morale.
- Advise, mentor, and guide all levels of management around complex employee relations decisions including business conduct, performance management, termination, and HR policies.
- Identify and analyze data and metrics for themes, trends, and root cause; provides strategic, proactive recommendations.
- Cultivate positive relationships with employees, management, and external stakeholders. Act as a trusted advisor to management on employee relations matters and collaborate with HR, legal, and other departments to ensure alignment and consistency.
- Develop and support the HR Generalist team to serve as a mediator in employee conflicts, conducting investigations, and recommending appropriate resolutions.
- Facilitate discussions between employees and management to address concerns and maintain a positive work environment.
- Promote knowledge, understanding, and compliance regarding company policies and relevant employment laws through coaching, presentations, and training.
- Stay up to date with relevant labor laws, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Ensure the company’s policies and practices comply with legal requirements and provide guidance to management on disciplinary actions, and other employee relations matters.
- Oversee and facilitate leave of absence programs and resolution of escalated leave of absence employment decisions and requests for workplace accommodations by facilitating discussions with applicable stakeholders.
- Occasional travel to participate in investigations, meetings, build relationships, and other needs as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or a related field required, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of HR Generalist and/or employee relations experience required.
- 3+ years of people leadership experience preferred.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification, preferred.
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish/English).
- Seasoned and proven skills in managing difficult employee situations, conflict management, employment law expertise, influence skills, as well as deep and broad knowledge of Human Resources in general.
- Maintain knowledge of the latest regulations, trends, and best practices in human resources and demonstrate skills to reliably communicate and integrate this knowledge across the organization.
- Work independently with minimal supervision, in ambiguous situations, and persevere over internal and external barriers to drive resolutions.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to manage through ambiguity and change.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while delivering on commitments.
- Outstanding communication skills in written and verbal form; comfortable presenting to senior leaders and communicating with employees; strong interpersonal skills.
- Quickly connect with people across a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Strong project manager, capable of independently owning large-scale projects.
- Solid sense of accountability, high-quality judgment, and sound decision-making.
- Ability to positively motivate, manage, and develop employees.
- Ability to drive and a valid driver’s license required.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.