Financial Reporting Manager
Bell & Associates
Financial Reporting Manager
$130-160k plus 15% bonus
Overland Park, KS – can be fully remote if preferred, great flexibility
Bell & Associates has been engaged to find our client’s next Financial Reporting Manager. This position is responsible for driving accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate actual financial reporting and analysis for both Statutory and US GAAP. This person will lead continuous process improvements initiatives and stay informed of industry trends that may influence work.
- Prepare and coordinate quarterly Statutory Accounting Practices (SAP) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) financial statements, including detailed analysis, supplemental schedules, and disclosures; coordinate internal reviews.
- Prepare and coordinate annual SAP statements and audited financial statements, including detailed analysis, supplemental schedules, and disclosures; coordinate internal reviews.
- Complete periodic NAIC financial statement data and other regulatory filings.
- Prepare and review legal entity Board reports.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Initiate and drive simplification initiatives and projects to continuously improve controllership environment, primarily related to financial reporting processes.
- Support other regulatory and strategic/operational initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent certification.
- 8+ years of accounting or finance experience
- Insurance or financial services industry, financial reporting, and prior controllership experience
- Public Accounting experience; demonstrated expertise in SAP and GAAP accounting.
- Leadership experience with senior management interaction
- Demonstrated experience influencing and communicating at all levels across the business and managing multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Proven project management and coordination skills
- Proficient use of financial systems and Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future for this job opening.
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification and background check.
- Must be willing to travel 10% of the time.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.