Bell & Associates
Bell & Associates are seeking a hands-on firmware design engineering position within the product development team. The selected candidate will play a key role in the design of new PCB-based, industry-compliant, embedded electronic equipment. Depending on the project, the candidate will either work as an individual or as part of a multi-disciplinary team. The candidate sometimes directs the work of other engineers, designers and technicians, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Collect and analyze technical information from a variety of sources, including:
- Conversations with engineers, product managers, suppliers, etc.
- Technical documents, operation of equipment and their own tests & experiments
- Develop design concepts for systems involving high-speed analog and digital design techniques and interface sensors with microcontrollers/microprocessors.
- Develop, test and demonstrate device compliance with specifications and industry standards.
- Define measurement techniques, tuning procedures, special test fixtures for production use.
- Prepare production documentation.
- Conducts design activities for a project and coordinates design activities with other personnel where appropriate including the flow of information and documentation to other departments.
- Develops expertise for a particular product line, product technology or design area and gives guidance to others working on designs in this area.
- Meet or exceed typical expectations for creativity, productivity, quality of work, and safety.
- Design experience with DSPs, microcontrollers, FPGAs, and audio codecs using C/C++
- Experience interfacing with USB HID/FTDI, SPI, I2C, UART, displays, Li-ION Batteries.
- Experience with low-power management, RF and wireless applications preferred.
- Familiarity with computer-based software and/or web applications using TCP/IP preferred.
- Experience with Code Composer Studio development tools and scripts/batch files for automated builds preferred
- Working knowledge of version control systems.
- Experience developing clear project specifications for SW, embedded and fabric designs.
- Skill in identifying and implementing process improvements for each stage of development.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer or Software Engineering
- 5 – 10 years of hands-on design and troubleshooting of electronic assemblies or demonstrable competencies, which are commensurate with that level of experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills; Works well in a team environment.
- Results-driven and action-oriented; positive and energetic.
- High degree of personal and professional integrity.
- Good problem-analysis and resolution skills.
- Strong process orientation and drive for continuous improvement.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.