Bell & Associates
FP&A Director – future CFO
$150-200k plus bonus ($30-50k)
Sterling, KS – relocation assistance provided
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next FP&A Director. Our client is a dynamic Manufacturing and Distribution subsidiary of a publicly traded company. They are seeking a Director, Financial Planning and Analysis to support Executive leadership and provide strategic financial and operational analysis for the President that will drive overall business improvements. The position will report directly to the CFO and requires a high energy, success driven and detail oriented individual with an active mind and keen entrepreneurial drive. This is a stepping stone position.
- As a business partner, work closely with divisional leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals, apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making.
- Financial planning and analysis – support senior management by monitoring and analyzing key financial and performance indicators for the company’s business segments that will be used for planning and budgeting purposes.
- Drive the budgeting and forecasting process in various departments to create a culture of proactivity.
- Prepare business related reports and analyze trends in production costs, supply, sales, finance, and general business conditions for the executive and operations teams. Compile and prepare reports, graphs and charts of data developed to explain the information to the user.
- Analyze financial performance through financial reporting. Interprets financial data, identifying ways to increase effectiveness, find expense savings, process, and operational improvements.
- Analyzes monthly and quarterly results against budget and forecasts to ensure the reasons for variances are fully understood, making recommendations for actions when needed and updating forecasting methodology to reduce variances to expectations, making recommendations to department leaders as well as Executive leadership.
- Prepare presentations for management that will include analysis on financial performance, forecast data and variance analysis for each of the company’s primary business segments.
- Ad hoc analytics and other special projects at the request of the President or CFO.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or University, preferably in Engineering, Chemistry or Operations Management; an advanced business degree (e.g., MBA) and/or relevant professional certification (e.g., CMA, CFA, CPA) is preferred.
- 7+ years of prior work experience demonstrating increasing responsibility in the areas of financial modeling and analysis with a track record of impacting the business.
- Advanced computer software skills to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and ERP knowledge as well as data presentations, charts, and graphs is required. Database skills (SQL / Access) a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work and adapt quickly in an environment that is constantly changing and very fast paced while keeping a positive attitude and team spirit.
- Prior work experience within a manufacturing or oil field services company is preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to create as well as review documents, procedures, and other pertinent data.
- Flexible to travel as required.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.