Fund Accounting Manager
Bell & Associates
Fund Accounting Manager
$130-170k plus 20% bonus
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Fund Accounting Manager. Our client is a leading private equity firm based in Austin, TX, with AUM of over $550 million. They are currently raising and investing out of their flagship Fund III vehicle, targeting a fund size of $250+ million, and focuses on lower middle market buyouts in technology-enabled services, media services, and financial services industries. In addition to substantial investing experience, team members have significant operating experience, which allows the company to actively work side-by-side with management to achieve investment objectives.
The Fund Accounting Manager will report to the Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”) and Finance Committee. The individual will have primary responsibility for fund reporting, management company finances, and compliance. Additionally, this person will liaise with the 3rd party advisors including fund administrators, compliance consultants and legal counsel. The individual shall also assist the CFO and other senior team members with valuation and reporting to limited partners and maintenance of firm’s fund entities.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the funds, SPVs, GP, and management company entities, and the respective audits
- Review periodic financial statements and workpapers of the funds, SPV, GP, and management company entities
- Review all capital transactions, including capital calls, capital distributions and associated waterfall calculations
- Assist with the quarterly valuation process, including reviewing all portfolio company valuation models, partaking in the quarterly valuation meetings, and helping to develop the valuation policies and procedures documentation for the firm
- Maintain capital analysis for all active funds to track capital available for investing, capital reserved for follow on investments, fees and guarantees
- Review investor waterfall allocations (prepared by fund admin) pursuant to partnership agreements; including preferred returns, GP catch ups, carried interest calculations, etc.
- Liaise with investor relations team regarding ad-hoc investor requests
- Liaise directly with third parties (e.g., fund administrator, auditors, service providers, etc.) and help manage relationships
- Help maintain and track all fund and investment performance data via online portal
- Assist with regulatory compliance
- CPA (active or inactive) and 5+ years of relevant experience, including Big 4 or similar accounting firm experience
- Private fund or asset management fund reporting experience
- Strong Excel skills
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.