Bell & Associates
$80-90k plus bonus
Overland Park, KS
Bell & Associates has been engaged to find our client’s next HR Manager. The primary responsibility of this position is to support the Company Vision of a 100-year-old family-owned Kansas City company by providing Leadership to the Human Resources Department, helping create and maintain a working environment that highly satisfies our teammates and customers.
- Servant Leader with a high ethical compass, who consistently leads by example to maintain Company Vision and Company Culture.
- Provide leadership that facilitates a close partnership between Human Resources and Operations to support store level execution, training, and development to maintain a high level of teammate satisfaction.
- Communicate, develop, and enforce all company policies and procedures and provide counseling and discipline to support and field staff as needed
- Continual knowledge of competitive compensations packages to assist with recruiting talent and minimizing turnover.
- Detailed knowledge of legal aspects of Human Resources, Benefits and Payroll.
- Provide leadership and oversight for technical compliance with EEOC, ADAAA, FMLA, HIPAA and DOL.
- Manage Legal Correspondence and Litigation, including providing expert testimony to reduce company’s overall liability.
- Oversee Workers Compensation Insurance and related workplace programs and compliance
- Responsibility for supporting and promoting the company’s benefit plan
- Continual focus on improving overall business knowledge of company leadership
- Participation in company Leadership Training programs.
- Manage Store and Company Safety Programs to reduce workplace injuries
- College Degree in Business Management or Human Resources
- Minimum of 5 years of successful HR experience.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership techniques, conflict resolution, time management skills and coordination of resources.
- Communicate information effectively, accurately, and appropriately.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills including verbal communication, listening, negotiation, problem solving and decision making.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Exemplary Attendance Required
- Maintain Valid State Driver’s License
- Ability to read, write, hear, speak, and understand the spoken word to accommodate verbal requests from teammates and customers for information or assistance, to answer the telephone, and to communicate effectively with teammates and customers.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language with sufficient proficiency to understand instructions for various job skills and knowledge.
- Ability to compose and write reports, procedure manuals, effective departmental memos, and other business correspondence.
- Successfully understand, retain, and demonstrate skills and knowledge of the job.
- Quick learner with strong ability to retrain trained knowledge.
- Bi-lingual preferred but not required
- Minimum 45 Hour work week (Salaried Exempt)
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.