Quality Assurance Manager
Bell & Associates
Quality Assurance Manager in White Hall/Pine Bluff Area
Great Opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager with SQF and HACCP background. This mill has expanded and is in need of an additional QA Manager for the new location. The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the quality of programs and maintains preventive control programs. Acts as SQF practitioner for the site and provides/oversees QA technical support to multiple departments/operations within the facility. The Quality Assurance Manager ensures that the QA department complies with customer and company requirements. These company requirements include department goals and objectives.
- Provides necessary definition, development, and deployment of product quality assurance strategy
- Addresses all phases of product development
- Oversees the development, implementation, review, and maintenance of the SQF System
- Ensures the integrity of the SQF System is maintained.
- Must complete a HACCP based training course and be competent enough to implement and maintain HACCP based food safety plans
- Possess a thorough understanding of SQF Code level 2 and the requirements to implement and maintain QF Systems relevant to the supplier scope certification
- Communicate to all relevant responsibilities that fall under SQF guidelines to all relevant personnel
- Directly supervises Quality Assurance Supervisor, including the preparation and delivery of staff performance evaluations and career development activities.
- Manages the department’s overall expectations pertaining to setting accurate test schedules, costs, and resources.
- Ensures delivery against QA department goals and objectives. This means the meeting of commitments, audits and coordinating the overall quality assurance schedule.
- Troubleshoots quality issues that affect the quality performance of all products.
- Acts as liaison between Operations personnel and the quality assurance team in meeting with all established programs.
- Establishes and maintains policy for documentation/record keeping of all products.
- Manages all quality-related internal/external audits including customers, SQF, and other third parties such as GFCO, Kosher, Organic, Non-GMO, etc.
- Assures an effective HACCP / Food Safety Plan is in place with an active and functional Food Safety Team.
- Implements ongoing quality improvement processes working with interdepartmental teams.
- Maintains product consistency throughout the product cycle from design to quality checkpoints and testing
- Manages the quality assurance metrics for performance improvement of all teams.
- Investigates customer complaints and analyzes customer feedback to improve the quality/performance of the organization.
- Develops an understanding of all operational phases of the company to better implement new programs and manage all process controls effectively.
- Monitors and audits Quality Programs for effectiveness.
- Provides effective communication regarding issues, objectives, initiatives, and performance to plan.
- Supports the planning and execution of new product development efforts, including all associated resources to meet committed delivery dates.
- Must be familiar with quality assurance principles, statistics, HACCP and SQF standards
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline (Food Science preferred)
- 3-5 plus years of work experience in food industry
- Experience with SQF implementation
- Additional training on all aspects of laboratory equipment including chemistry, microbiological, and line audits is required
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.