Bell & Associates
Our Expanding food processing client in NLR is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their dynamic organization. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a growing team, with opportunity for continued advancement. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the general ledger activity for the company. Duties include the preparation of journal entries, financial statement variance analysis, daily cash management, bank statement reconciliation and various special projects. Position reports directly to the Director of Finance.
- Responsible for the preparation of financial statements and all related activity including monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reporting.
- Manage the maintenance of the company accounts and sub ledgers. Ensure the correct and accurate accounting classification of all expenditures and documents.
- Review balance sheet and bank reconciliations and ensure the variances are resolved and adjusting journal entries are posted on a timely basis.
- Payroll, employee benefit and HR review.
- Oversee the company’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices and maintenance of fiscal records. Establish and implement key policies and procedures to improve the controls of the company according to standards. Responsible for maintaining the established Internal Control Systems.
- Drive improved decision making through insightful analysis and strong relationships with key operations personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance and or 10+ years in similar position.
- 5 years progressive experience in accounting
- Payroll & HR Experience
- Experience in Manufacturing would be a plus but not required
- Knowledge of GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley.
- ERP experience (Oracle, SAP, or similar)
- MS Office Products (Advanced Excel)
- Effective interpersonal skills, written and verbal skills, collaborative problem-solving and project management skills.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.