Senior Data Analyst
Bell & Associates
The Senior Data Analyst will solve diverse problems through creative use of data to reach business goals. Using data available in a variety of sources (SQL Server, Excel spreadsheets, text files, OnBase, etc.) the Analyst will develop new reports to address questions, concerns and investigation needed from the leadership team and others. These reports may be one-time requests or periodic reports. The Analyst will coordinate with technical and business organizations to ensure reporting needs of regulatory agencies are met per requirements. In partnership with the VP of Business Intelligence and Enterprise Applications, the Analyst will help to improve data and analytic capabilities by recommending tools, defining/refining policies and procedures, and developing/implementing data management and reporting solutions.
Responsibilities and Attributes for Success:
- Compile and organize healthcare data
- Understand data storage and data sharing methods
- Investigate data to find patterns and trends
- Utilize different data sources for analysis
- Convert data into usable information that is easy to digest and understand
- Develop clear and concise reports and presentations
- Relate healthcare business operations to data and applications
- Work with management and other staff to define and implement opportunities for improvement in data and applications
- Collect and develop data governance artifacts (Conceptual Data Models, Data Architecture, Data Policies, Data Lineage,
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in IT, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration, or related field with a relevant advanced degree (MHA or MBA) preferred
- Experience in Medicaid and Managed Care preferred
- Experience in Analytic role
- 3 Years+ as Business Analyst, System Analyst or Data Analyst
- Experience with at least one SQL database(SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, other) or non SQL database; multiple preferred
- Experience with at least one data visualization tool (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Webi, other); multiple preferred.
- Experience with Healthcare data integration standards (XML, HL7, FIHR, etc.)
- Experience in generating process documentation including workflow and data modeling techniques
- Knowledge of data mining/text mining tools and concepts; experience with SAS or SPSS preferred
- Knowledge of data governance concepts and tools
- Knowledge of data management systems, ETL frameworks
- Knowledge of HIPAA, NIST and other security requirements
- Expert in Excel
- Experience in requirements gathering, testing and documentation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to collaboratively interact with internal and external stakeholders (clients, state bodies, vendors)
- Process orientation with strong organizational and analytic skills (troubleshooting, attention to detail, etc.)
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.