Sr. Electrical Engineer
Bell & Associates
Sr. Electrical Engineer
$110-155k plus bonus
Ogden, UT – relocation assistance is available
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Sr. Electrical Engineer. This exempt position functions within a team of other professionals and reports directly to the Ogden Engineering Manager. The Electrical Engineer will lead all aspects of electrical engineering at the Plant and act as the owner of the plant electrical distribution systems. The role will also be instrumental in plant project engineering and project management.
- Responsible for ensuring the operational integrity and regulatory compliance of the plant’s electrical systems and electrical maintenance programs.
- Maintains electrical data, documentation, and drawings.
- Implement electrical engineering solutions to solve problems and contribute to the company’s Sustainability and Energy Reduction goals.
- Manages all aspects of long-term power supply needs and strategies.
- Establish electrical standards and implement the management systems to maintain those standards.
- Design for electrical and control components of engineering projects.
- Monitor power consumption and energy charges and implement techniques and procedures to minimize energy costs.
- Support and work very closely with the site Controls System Team.
- Supports Engineering Manager in preparing annual capital budgets.
- Prepares and submits capital appropriation requests, including payback and IRR calculations.
- Prepare scopes of work and engineering specifications as part of the RFQ process.
- Develops and manages capital project engineering and construction contracts.
- Management of construction contractors and verification/quality control of work performed.
- Implements construction/installation strategies that coordinate with the Plant’s production plans.
- Actively participates in commissioning of engineering projects.
- Manages multiple capital projects ensuring that critical path and budget goals are met.
- Identifies opportunities to improve Plant power and control system reliability.
- Assist maintenance with the troubleshooting of Plant production equipment.
- As directed by Engineering Manager, works with the Maintenance Department to implement process improvements.
- As directed by Engineering Manager, works closely with the Maintenance Department to support Reliable Asset Management objectives.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited school is required.
- Registered Professional Engineering License is a plus (not required)
- 10+ years electrical engineering experience in an industrial environment
- Preference given to those with knowledge and experience working with and troubleshooting of:
- Electrical distribution systems ranging from 480V to 138 kV, including substations and MCC’s.
- Allen Bradley based PLC control systems for process and equipment control as well as associated HMI graphics.
- Large DC and AC motor drives control systems which utilize power electronics for variable speed control.
- Fiber optic and Ethernet based communications systems.
- Power factor correction systems.
- Electrical systems in a heavy industrial environment.
- Complete proficiency with Microsoft Office programs is required.
- AutoCAD, MS Project, CMMS systems, highly desirable.
- Other EE related software experience a plus.
- Allen Bradley PLC programs (PLC5, ControlLogix, MicroLogix, and DeviceNet) to troubleshoot system challenges.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.