Bell & Associates
Overland Park, KS
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Staff Accountant. The position will support the Controller and Staff in all accounting activities to ensure effective and efficient processes and procedures that result in accurate financial reporting.
- Enter cashbook transactions in Syspro and reconcile multiple bank accounts. Review bank website for NSF items and other banking matters.
- Complete the daily cash position spreadsheet for management team.
- Manage financial tasks associated with capital projects, fixed assets and leasing transactions including reporting & reconciliation. Collaborate with projects managers to ensure accuracy of data.
- Maintain fixed assets in the BNA Fixed Asset software.
- Record monthly depreciation of fixed assets and complete the monthly fixed asset Roll forward.
- Provide R & M reporting and make necessary adjustments.
- Set up general ledger analysis codes to be used for general ledger coding and tracking of assets.
- Verify suppliers banking information to avoid fraudulent payments.
- Review and file sales tax, tonnage tax, and assessment returns accurately and timely based on filing schedule.
- Communicate information for annual property/real estate tax filing and renditions.
- Generate & upload Positive Pay files and EFT payment files.
- Complete credit card review, documentation, and make required journal entries as needed.
- Complete the borrowing base calculations each month.
- Analyze and reconcile Balance Sheet accounts as needed.
- Support Inventory accounting processes and assist when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- 1+ years of relevant accounting experience.
- Ability to work well in a team setting within an open office environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail orientation required.
- Ability to multitask with changing priorities.
- Willing to travel to remote locations when needed.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.