Bell & Associates
$140-160k plus 15% bonus
Overland Park, KS – hybrid
The Deputy Treasurer/Treasury Director – Liquidity and Trust Management is a key role within the Treasury organization and reports to the Treasurer. The role is responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership of company liquidity, short-term investments, and reinsurance trust oversight. This role will engage with key business leaders including the CIO, CFO, Director of Investment Operations and Treasurer and partner with key internal/external stakeholders to support treasury operations as well as drive key strategic initiatives. This role can be remote.
- Lead cash/liquidity management by monitoring daily cash balances, developing/maintaining cash forecasts and directing funding strategies
- Manage external credit facilities and make recommendations based on cash forecast, cost assessment and use of funds. Advise on timing/duration of facility usage
- Develop and implement short-term (ST) investment strategies to maximize returns on surplus funds, considering risk tolerance and market conditions
- Oversee reinsurance trust portfolios (~$30B) and ensure fulfilment of trust obligations. Manage, instruct, and support asset-related operational activities for trusts (incl. asset movements, settlements, retitlements, documentation etc.). Perform research on asset holdings/positions. Lead asset transition activities across investment portfolios and reinsurance trust structures
- Develop and manage KPIs/risk metrics and governance structures related to liquidity management, debt/ST investment management and trust oversight. Ensure compliance with internal guidelines and external/regulatory requirements; escalate issues as needed
- Develop and manage real-time reporting/dashboards to provide accurate and actionable information for decision-making, enable compliance with risk parameters and ensure internal and external reporting
- Collaborate with key internal (incl. Investment Management, Investment Accounting, Risk) and external (incl. bank custodians, investment managers, ceding insurance companies) stakeholders to drive optimal processes as well as lead transformation and simplification initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, mathematics, or related field
- 8+ years of relevant experience; 3+ years of experience in capital markets preferred
- Strong knowledge of financial instruments, cash management, and investment strategies.
- Experience with securitized lending/borrowing a plus
- Experience with financial systems and advance technical skills including proficiency working with Microsoft Office suite
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively across the organization, as well as with external partners
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and/or Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) preferred
- Proven to be effective driving outcomes in large, matrixed organizations
- Understands how to navigate geographies, cultures, relationships, etc.
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Quick learner, can-do-attitude, self-starter, strategically prioritizes work
- Strong organizational and project management skills, ability to create efficiencies
- Highly collaborative person, comfortable with conflict and debate normally associated with change
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.