Vice President of Accounting/Finance
Bell & Associates
As a key member of the executive team, the VP Finance will plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal functions and performance using the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). The VP Finance oversees cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection payroll and risk management. This position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all Accounting, Financial, Information Technology and Human Resources reporting functions. The VP finance is responsible for the direct supervision of a Credit / AR Manager, IT Director, Accountant II, AP Clerk, Cycle Counter, as well as CPA / tax service providers and legal counsel.
Accountable for the financial and risk management operations of the company to include the development of company and departmental budgets, financial strategy and the metrics tied to those strategies, and the ongoing development of central systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results in the following areas: Financial Information, Management Metrics, IT Planning, Operations Planning, Risk Management, Legal, Funding and HR.
Financial and Managerial Information and Strategy
- Oversee the accurate and timely issuance of financial information and analysis.
- Develop finance strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with other organizational objectives.
- Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends, establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality and designing systems; accumulating resources, resolving problems and implementing change.
- Create managerial measurements and help to hold all departments accountable to their KPI metrics.
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Develops financial and tax strategies.
- Manage the capital request and budgeting process.
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction.
Operations / IT / HR / Inventory Planning and Control
- Manage the Accounting, IT/ERP, finance-related human resources issues, legal, taxes and treasury functions.
- Lead Inventory controls strategy and help in the demand planning & inventory audit teams.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Oversee elements of daily operations as tasked / required
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing system.
- Implement operational best practices.
- Oversee employee benefit plans with emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package.
- Contribute to inventory planning and optimization
Risk Management / Legal
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company and legal issues affecting the industry.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverages.
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Maintain relations with external CPA firm and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Monitor cash balances and create cash forecasts
- Maintain relationships with Banking institutions
- Monitor and manage Lines of Credit
- Monitor and manage investment of cash reserves
- Passion for Mission, People, and business success
- Action oriented, seeks opportunities and focuses on achieving goals.
- Data driven analytical approach to strategy, problem solving, and goal achievement.
- Possess “The 4 E’s and P:” Energy, ability to Energize others, Execution, Edge and Passion for what they do.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to teach, coach and lead.
- Excellent compensation and benefits package
- Generous vacation, PTO and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, life and STD/LTD plans
- Matching 401(k) plan
- FSA / Cafeteria plan
The role is based on-site in our company headquarters in BERRYVILLE, AR. 1 HR east of Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers, and Bentonville, and 45 minutes south of Branson, MO.
Some hybrid remote time may be available.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Significant experience with manufacturing and supply chain operations
- Degree in Accounting / Finance
- CPA and or MBA
- Strong IT knowledge and experience upgrading / implementing ERP systems and leading the IT leader
- Strong HR knowledge and experience leading the HR leader
- Hands-on leader and excellent communicator
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.