VP of Finance & Accounting
Bell & Associates
- Contribute to the development of our client’s strategic goals and objectives as well as overall management of the organization
- Manage the preparation of all financial reports
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and forecasts
- Direct and coordinate financial planning and budget management functions including 5-year capital projections
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget
- Oversee daily operations of the property accounting department
- Oversee cash management
- Prepare financial analysis for new business development opportunities and oversee due diligence functions for hotel acquisitions
- Serve as liaison to hotel ownership groups on financial and accounting issues
- Oversee Risk Management and annual insurance renewals
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the departments goals and objectives
- Coordinate financial audits and internal compliance audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff
- Mentor and develop staff, assign accountabilities, set objectives, and establish priorities
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Hospitality accounting experience
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years’ experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Entrepreneurial team player that can multitask
- Excellent judgement and creative problem-solving skills
- Superior management skills with the ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and hotel ownership groups
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.