Bell & Associates
$145-165k plus 20% bonus
Columbia, MO – relocation assistance available
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Controller. The Controller is a member of the leadership team who acts as a business partner to other senior leaders and key stakeholders in the platform. The Controller is responsible for all aspects of finance and accounting, including the company’s operating results, financial and accounting policies, processes and controls, forecasting and budgeting, accounting team leadership, and the accuracy and integrity of all financial information. This is a ‘hands-on’ role, ideal for a senior finance professional who can balance the management of daily tactical issues with achieving broader strategic objectives.
- Partner and build relationships with peer senior opco leaders to ensure accurate forecasting, budget management, and financial reporting & analysis
- Propose and implement opportunities for continuous improvement in support of strengthening internal controls and/or enabling more accurate and faster financial reporting processes
- Lead and mentor the Accounting staff through developmental objectives and training
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the key drivers of the business to derive clear and succinct analyses of the ongoing financial performance of operations
- Treasury oversight in ensuring effective management of cash and working capital
- Manage month end closing process, including the review, analysis, and reconciliation of general ledger and balance sheet accounts
- Prepare and review monthly financial statements in accordance with company policies and timetables to ensure accuracy and integrity. Analyze and explain variances related to budget and forecast
- Ensure compliance with relevant local tax, accounting, auditing, and external reporting requirements
- Provide analysis and strategic insight to senior management on a proactive and as-requested basis
- Lead the process for preparation and review of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Ensure seamless communication throughout the business and adherence to critical deadlines
- Coordinate Y/E financial audit with external auditors
- Coordinate Y/E tax filings with external tax preparation partners
- 7-10+ years of relevant experience in progressive finance leadership roles
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related business field. CPA, MBA preferred
- Manufacturing finance/standard costing experience strongly preferred
- Experience working in private equity-backed and/or larger public company preferred
- Strong data analysis, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Proven ability to set priorities and work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proven track record of developing and implementing processes that support financial performance and predictability
- Authentic and humble leader with the proven ability to develop and mentor direct reports
- Advanced Excel and ERP skills, Epicor experience a plus
- Have strong financial forecasting, financial modeling, and analytical skills supported by data
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate analyses and recommendations to senior management
- High level of integrity/transparency, with ability to work through issues as they arise and proactively offer solutions
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.