Bell & Associates
$100 – $125k
Kansas City, MO – Crossroads District
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Controller. The Controller will plan, direct, and coordinate accounting activities to support business decision-making and manage financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting as well as oversee accounting procedures to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Review, approve and post journals to a general ledger.
- Gather and maintain financial data and ledgers.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Oversee month-end closing and year-end closing.
- Consolidate and analyze financial statements and results.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and related footnotes.
- Ensure accuracy of transactions and data on a day-to-day basis.
- Prepare periodic financial statements.
- Prepare annual budget.
- Prepare payroll.
- Proactively identify areas for policy improvement.
- Analyze financial transactions.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Manage accounts payable and receivable.
- Invoice customer and ensure payments are made on time.
- Manage QuickBooks to ensure accuracy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in financial and leadership.
- Consolidations and accounting experience.
- Experience working for a small to mid-sized company.
- QuickBooks experience.
- Experience in solving multiple and complex challenges through critical thinking and cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong written, verbal and collaboration skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly analytical and detail oriented with the ability to translate data into business insights.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel).
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and competing demands.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Strong attention to detail, good common sense including excellent judgement and decision-making capabilities.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.