Bell & Associates
$130-160k plus bonus
St. Joseph, MO
Bell & Associates has been engaged to find our client their next Controller. Our client is a Construction / Contractor based in St. Joseph, MO, and has retained Bell & Associates, Inc. to recruit their next Controller. This role is viewed as succession planning to the CFO who will be retiring in the next 2-3 years.
- Coordinate the overall month-end close process, including the monthly financial statement preparation
- Analyze general ledger entries and conduct monthly account reconciliations to ensure accuracy and correct any errors
- Ensure proper construction job cost reporting, revenue recognition, and WIP analysis
- Utilize industry-specific software to produce timely and accurate reporting of key operational and financial metrics
- Develop and manage budgets, forecasts, and financial plans for the company at both project and company level
- Conduct complex financial and/or business analysis
- Document and maintain accounting policies and internal controls documentation
- Support the improvement of processes across the accounting function
- Research accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and/or IRS requirements
- Ensure compliance with relevant local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Provide support and/or supervision to the accounting department
- Assist the CFO and senior management with special projects, integration of acquisitions and ad-hoc reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- CPA preferred
- Construction accounting experience preferred
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.