Bell & Associates
$130-160k plus 15% bonus & equity
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Controller. Primarily responsible for the controllership activities of the business, including accounting, auditing, tax compliance and reporting. This position requires a strong leader with strong business acumen, strong understanding of GAAP, SOX, financial statement interpretation and analysis, presentation, and reporting skills as well as excellent communication skills and a commitment to continual process improvement. This individual should be an energetic proactive manager exhibiting characteristics of servant leadership who can consistently meet deadlines and produce accurate financial information.
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual financial close process. Completes according to Corporate schedule and provides accurate results.
- Ensure proper controls are in place and operating effectively, and execute internal controls
- Fulfill external and internal audit requests. Develop and maintain relationship with Corporate Accounting and Internal Audit teams to ensure compliance with US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, and company Liaison with external auditors to ensure compliance, timely submissions and reviewing/aligning on adjusting entries.
- Ownership and Leadership of the Account Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, and Inventory Management processes and team.
- Review and approval of all account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Partners with HR to ensure proper reporting and coding of payroll.
- Manages incentive compensation (Sales, LEAN, TEE) tracking and administration.
- Capital deployment, reporting, reconciliation, and tracking.
- Leads the cycle count program and physical inventory process.
- Maintains Levels of Authority document and ensures compliance across the organization.
- Cash Management: Authorization of ACH and wire payments through Bank of America.
- Aligns financial processes globally.
- Monitors administration of established procedures and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Leads and/or participates in special projects and assignments as required.
- Ability to collaborate across the organization and positively influence business outcomes. Effectively communicate with business leaders across all functional disciplines.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training and developing accounting employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance and mentoring; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems – all in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Drives a culture of performance and results.
- Bachelor’s degree with finance, accounting, economics or other business related major
- MBA or Masters in Accounting preferred
- CPA preferred
- 7+ years of work experience in finance and accounting
- 3+ years of management experience in finance / accounting environment
- A good understanding of financial statements and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced math and analytical skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to sift through complicated business issues and communicate only the important aspects in a clear and concise manner
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively manage projects, including planning, prioritization and execution to completion
- Excellent business judgment and demonstrated proficiency in organizational, analytical, & conceptual problem solving
- Demonstrated ability and experience advising and influencing executives, providing insights that lead to key decision making within the business
- Working knowledge of computers sufficient to successfully use company accounting software, ERP system, Microsoft Windows and Office
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.