Bell & Associates
Diocese of Kansas City – St. Joseph
$22-25/hr – Full-time
Kansas City, MO – Downtown – in-office role
Bell & Associates has been engaged to find our client’s next Executive Assistant. This position provides high level administrative support to the Offices of the Vicar General for Administration and Chancellor and the Vicar General for Pastoral Affairs in the areas of communication (written and verbal), organization, record keeping, and general office tasks. It will be a critical link between the Offices of the Vicars General and the parishes, Chancery offices, agencies, corporations, and other outside contacts. Contacts and conversations will primarily involve confidential and/or sensitive matters necessitating discretion. This position is full time, benefit eligible based upon 40 hours per week.
- Secure and be responsible for all confidential records and information with the offices served.
- Create, update and maintain required databases, files and other records and information.
- Keep accurate accounting of office expenditures, requests for payment, subscriptions, etc.
- Respond to requests, concerns, and questions directed to the Offices of the Vicars General appropriately and with confidentiality.
- Provide auxiliary support to Office of the Bishop and Bishop’s Executive Assistant.
- Prepare and maintain priest/deacon letters of suitability at direction of Vicars General
- Answer telephone and e-mail inquiries and messages.
- Produce letters, documents and data analysis.
- Scan, photocopy documents.
- Maintain complete and up-to-date office and project files.
- Plan and coordinate meetings, seminars, and other gatherings as directed.
- Produce written reports as scheduled and when requested.
- MS Word (Intermediate Level); MS Excel (Basic skill level).
- 2+ years’ of experience in administrative assistant or similar role.
- Associate degree, or similar continued education, is preferred.
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with Parish and Chancery staff.
- Respect and maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive matters.
- Maintain high attention to detail.
- Use strong verbal/written communication skills to exchange information clearly and concisely.
- Handle multiple, competing priorities.
- Practicing Catholic with ethical standards, personal integrity, and conduct consistent with the morals and teachings of the Catholic Church; includes faithful obedience to the Magisterium.
The Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph offers a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental and vision plans, STD/LTD fully paid by the employer, retirement plans including a 403b plan and a defined benefit pension plan. Paid time off includes generous Vacation and Sick leaves, plus paid Holidays.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.