Bell & Associates
$100-120k plus 10% bonus
Bell & Associates, Inc. has been engaged to recruit our client’s first FP&A Manager. This is a great opportunity to build/create the FP&A function for a $200M and growing P/E-backed company. Reporting to the CFO, this role will interact and partner with senior leaders to create reporting processes and KPIs.
Responsible for the financial analysis of assigned projects and specialized functions of high complexity. This position performs a key role in the development of financial and management reporting, analyzing opportunities for operational and capital savings and in preparing cost/benefit analyses and recommendations for senior management. This position performs a key role in financial analysis, where accuracy and detailed documentation of work is critical. This position frequently assists in reviewing the work of other individuals/departments and providing training as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop reporting, consolidate reporting, validate data.
- Prepare pro-forma financial statements as needed.
- Assist in updating long-term financial models (i.e. P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statement)
- Prepare strategic financial and operating plans, including planned capital expenditures.
- Interact with senior management in developing
- Prepare pro-forma financial statements as necessary.
- Summarize key financial and operating issues for management review.
- Assist management in the preparation of presentation material to operating plans.
- Assist in the development of 5-year strategic assumptions and in the analysis and reporting of actual financial results.
- Interact with senior management in developing reporting, strategic assumptions including sales growth, inflation, and marketing programs.
- Assist department manager in providing support to affiliate entities as needed.
- Provide period/quarterly updates on ongoing analyses.
- Meet with Operations on a quarterly basis to review/monitor current/future needs in financial analysis (occasional travel may be required).
- Analyze and research key financial and operating issues of assigned projects.
- Participate in task forces/teams, including merger & acquisition due diligence teams, and perform extensive research using internal and external sources.
- Develop financial models to quantify financial implications of the assigned project(s).
- Provide sensitivity analysis using various scenarios.
- Interact with necessary departments to obtain information needed to analyze projects.
- Prepare alternative scenarios for management review.
- Summarize results of analysis and review with management as necessary.
- Assist in development and update of industry analysis/benchmarking.
- Interact with various departments in obtaining assumptions and information to analyze projects.
- Evaluate projects by employing cost/benefit analyses and internal rate of return.
- Identify risks and opportunities of proposed projects such as mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, etc.
- Prepare recommendations for major capital requests (i.e. ROI, IRR modeling).
- Provide available alternative scenarios for management review.
- Prepare financial projections as well as formal written proposal as required for presentation to
- Perform post completion audits of major capital projects to determine variances to initial budgeted/projected goals.
- Analyze actual operating results and identify key financial and operating issues to be addressed; quantify actual results versus projections.
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement of under-performing assets.
- Analyze performance of special modules to ensure the proper deployment of capital resources.
- Provide training and direction to other individuals/department on financial analysis related assignments.
- BS Degree in Finance/Accounting
- 5+ years in the Construction industry
- Superior written/oral communication skills
- Proficiency in computer software
- Identify problems/find solutions
- Highly productive
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong initiative and creative skills
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.