Bell & Associates
Kansas City, MO
Choice of fully remote or hybrid
Bell & Associates has been engaged to find our client’s next Sr. Accountant. The Senior Accountant is responsible for overseeing various general accounting operations. The Senior Accountant primarily works with the Accounting, Finance, and Treasury teams, acting as a liaison between the sub-departments to audit and report on various business KPIs visible to leadership across the company. The Senior Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager in the Finance and Accounting department.
- Various aspects of the monthly financial close process, including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Company’s cost structure; assist in development of annual budget and monthly forecasts; perform comparison of actuals vs. budget, financial bridges, etc.
- Prepare materials and assist in monthly departmental reviews with department leaders and members of the Company’s senior leadership team.
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of numerous internal and external KPIs.
- Assist with the implementation of new accounting standards, as needed.
- Help develop, document, and monitor internal accounting controls.
- Assist with the company’s annual financial statement audit.
- Utilize advanced technical knowledge to provide guidance and mentorship to team members, as necessary.
- Achieve results by working in a fast-paced team environment while simultaneously managing and prioritizing multiple projects with strict deadlines.
- Maintain a strong sense of ownership and pride in work performed.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Advanced understanding and comfort using Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel.
- Strong understanding of GAAP.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.