Bell & Associates
Kansas City, MO (Crossroads)
The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing and reviewing financial documents, reports, and statements. This person will help oversee accounting procedures while advising on general finance matters. Such knowledge can apply across the company as needed, such as in budgeting or cash flow management techniques.
- Maintain and update accounting records and files
- Post transactions and categorize records in the general ledger including A/R and A/P entries
- Complete monthly and annual reconciliation of all accounts including Balance Sheet, revenue, cross-platform, and inter-company balances
- Conduct month-end and year-end closures
- Analyze budgets and variances
- Analyze transactions with internal stakeholders
- Calculate and process payments
- Prepare documents for audits
- Periodic filing with state agencies
- Report to the Accounting Director and work to improve financial processes
- Other accounting tasks as necessary
- BA or BS, Accounting preferred
- Prefer 2+ years of experience
- Residency in Kansas City metropolitan area
- Full-time, in-office
- Driving to onsite cultural activities as requested
- Sitting or standing as preferred for long periods of time in front of a computer
- No travel required
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Motivated to drive things to a close / close the loop
- Love for repetitive work
- Willing to learn and able to implement processes
- Able to shift priorities as needed
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including advanced Microsoft Excel and Google Suites
- Familiar with Quickbooks Online a plus
- The desire to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to growth within a rapidly expanding company. Self-induced initiative is greatly desired.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Open to constructive criticism.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America – https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas – Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.