Bell & Associates
Our Client a large Real Estate Development and Investment firm, is seeking an Construction Accountant to join their team. They are seeking an independent professional with a positive, can-do attitude. Experience within the real estate industry with knowledge of RealPage is required. This is an exciting opportunity to join this growing organization and build a long-term career.
Process and manage accounts payable for multiple entities to include the following:
• Be responsible for all accounting tasks that are needed to make sure accounts payable are
processed in an efficient and timely manner and applicable supporting documentation is
attached for verification of expenses.
• Code invoices, expense reports, vouchers, check requests and other similar items with correct
codes, conforming to standard procedures in entering data into the financial system.
• Prepare and manage all invoices daily and send for approval.
• Manage all vendor correspondence via email or phone, evaluating and reconciling all vendor
• Monitor all calls by vendors and address all issues in scheduling and disbursing accounts
• Manage and verify all expense reports ensuring their compliance with company policies.
• Maintain and update all accounts payable data, as well as ensure accuracy in general ledgers.
• Evaluate all accounts payable balances and resolve all issues regarding unpaid invoices.
• Receive, research, and resolve routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status.
• Maintain vendor records electronically and completes vendor credit applications when needed
• Record daily cash activity and complete daily bank reconciliations.
• Record financial transactions via journal entries, including month-end close process.
• Maintain detailed reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts monthly.
• Review and reconcile Sales Tax for multiple companies and prepare for approval and payment.
• Perform moderately complex analyses and assist in preparation of monthly account
reconciliations in support of the financial statements.
• Perform other duties that are needed to support the accounting department.
• Support the preparation of draw packages for our construction group
Corporate Construction Staff Accountant Job Description
• Review construction project invoices for accuracy
• Support the obtaining and management of bonds as needed for our construction group
• Reconcile weekly all ongoing submitted construction project draw packages to affirm payments
• Input payable invoices related to the draw packages or potential projects
• Ensure a steady cash flow by generating, auditing and sending invoices promptly
• Support the monthly preparation of the percent complete schedule
Reporting & Compliance:
• Assist with weekly project update and preparation of weekly cash flow report
• Preparation and processing of 1099’s and W2’s at year end.
• Assist with reconciliation and payment of sales tax for multiple entities.
• Assist company/organization in establishing and maintaining internal controls and accounting
Attributes of the Desired Candidate:
• Independent, hands-on individual with a positive “can do” attitude
• Experience in multi-entity, intercompany transactional environment
• Self-motivated, quick learner who is driven to take initiative.
• Individual who promotes a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement across diverse
• Highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
• Comfortable in an entrepreneurial, fast paced and quickly changing environment.
• Focused on continuous improvement of process and operational flow
• Strong attention to detail, goal-oriented and continuously exploring ways to improve
• Desire to grow in responsibility as company grows.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Construction Accounting experience required
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial systems software; RealPage experience required
• Strong, concise written and oral communication skills necessary; strong analytical skills; must be
able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, multi-task and work independently.
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and
• Ability to work 100% in Winter Park, FL office
Want to share this job?
Click on one of the icons below to get started.